Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday morning Quarterback



Dave here.
Today is January 13, 2008 and the San Diego Chargers are playing the Indianapolis Colts in Indianapolis at 10am this morning. Of course pre-game is on and playing in the background as I write, Gia plays and Anne does the breakfast dishes. BTW- Breakfast was delicious, scrambled eggs, little smokies and grapes. I ask Gia "where's the football?" and she points to the ball. We often play toss in the living room, actually rolling the ball back and forth. And she loves it when I spin the ball on its nose like I just scored a touchdown. Kobe our girl dog will even get into the act and grab her stuffed toy and sit next to us as she chews and makes the toy squeak. Gia has a Charger cheerleading outfit that she will wear most Sundays. Every Sunday she's worn her outfit the Chargers have won. The times she hasn't they've lost. Chargers record is 11-5. Gia doesn't really pay too much attention during the games but does recognize the football on TV and the football in our living room are the same. She also knows when something good happens because Daddy erupts in loud obnoxious cheering which almost scares her. She's has actually gotten very use to it and knows that it's good. Usually she'll fall asleep during the game and I have to let her know what happened when she wakes up.
As for the Chargers, this has been a trying season for SD fans like every season. I've recently dedicated myself to the Chargers because I am finally feeling like a San Diego native. Being a Charger fan is tough deal. Last year they went 14-2 and then lost in the first game of the playoffs. They have been labeled as the most talented team in the league but have not been able to get past the first round of the playoffs. This year finally for the first time since 1994 the Chargers have won a playoff game. In 1994 they went to the Superbowl but of course in famous Charger style got blown out by the Steve Young, San Francisco 49ers. In 1994, I didn't mind so much because I still was a devout 49er fan because as most of you know I grew up in the Bay Area. Now because I've been living in the SD for almost 17 years........
Sorry to leave you hanging but the game just started. More later.
Love,
Dave.