Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What's cooking?

Gia's kitchen has become somewhat of a treasure trove. She's at an age where her imagination is blossoming and so at times she is quite the good chef. She likes to prepare her little wooden egg, put it on a plate, shake salt and pepper over it, then serve it to Dave or me. She might throw a fake pizza in the oven, or serve up some wooden bread. What I've discovered though is that she is baking more than fake bread in that oven of hers. It has become a storehouse for a variety of things. I've begun checking it each night after she goes to bed. One evening after Gia spit out a grape that I had not given her I looked in her oven suspecting that she had gotten it from there. I found two more two day old grapes (no wonder she spit it out!) a pair of tennis shoes and a bit of cheese. Last night I found a "big girl cup" with the tiniest amount of water in it and a graham cracker. There is always a variety of toys in there, sometimes a dvd or a picture, outlet covers. I'm glad she has a little cubby of her own although I may need to set a few guidelines. It's kinda fun to guess what will be in there next, almost like a bit of Christmas at the end of every day.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

That is the cutest story I have in an quite some time. I can't wait to see you guys. It's getting closer and closer. Nd I can't wait to see Gia on the dance floor at my wedding!